In a few weeks I'll be making a short trip down the California coast to San Simeon to celebrate birthdays with some of the ladies in my family. Destination: Hearst Castle. The romance and drama of the castle perched in the hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean has always appealed to me. A few years ago, my husband and I visited the famed estate of William Randolph Hearst. Here are some of my favorite moments from that tour (2013). I think it could be fun to set a romantic thriller here. What do you think?
Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a huge fan of the Mexican holiday El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). So when my husband surprised me with tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Luzia, a production based on Mexican folklore, I was beyond thrilled. The event was a visual delight, full of the color, fantasy, and magical realism I associate with Mexican culture. Want to see it for yourself: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/luzia
My husband is an avid consumer of all things Internet, and he frequently forwards me articles he thinks I might find interesting. Well, here's one I think any introvert (or an extrovert who loves one) will appreciate. It's 10 Things About Love Only Introverts Would Understand, by Dawn Hafner.
You can check out the entire article here.
Here's the two second summary:
1. Introverts need quiet time with those we love.
2. Introverts can step out of our comfort zone for love.
3. Introverts only unlock our hearts for the most special of souls.
4. Introverts deeply value listening.
5. Introverts do not mean to seem distant in love.
6. Introverts often fall in love with extroverts.
7. It’s best to let an introvert think before you argue.
8. Introverts long to be understood.
9. Introverts love to have fun.
10. Introverts love to know you are happy.
The rest of Dawn Hafner's interesting article can be read here.
writes romance at the crossroads of the paranormal, science fiction, and fantasy. She lives with her wonderfully eccentric husband in an equally quirky Victorian in the San Francisco Bay Area. An avid cat lover in search of her next cat, Tess is a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Doctor Who. She’s an accountant by day, a novelist by night, and an artist at heart 24/7.
Available in eBook format at all major online retailers.
Click books for buy links.